Almost ready for the water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost ready for the water

Getting close to lighting the fire in this thing. I got the burn downs mounted. Time for final buff, plug in the oil heater ( which will take a day to heat).....right now the oil temp is about a 1/4" below 50 deg.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

Re: Almost ready for the water

I hear ya man.. That's a mighty nice Garage you've set up for it too.!

Comment

Just plugged in my pan heater,pulling it out at 2:00 or so .Also charging the battery for my camera.
      "i always make sure i do my best when it comes to customer service, cuz lets face it return customers and referals are the way most of us stay in bizz."yeah sure

Comment

Originally posted by mdsheppie View Post
        Just plugged in my pan heater,pulling it out at 2:00 or so .Also charging the battery for my camera.
        Make sure you take pics of the fireball and the EMS.....lol

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 AM ----------

Ken, I want to start mine also. It was 22 degrees this morning. I have to wait for the cave to warm up. I shook all my jugs and drums and might have enough fuel for a warm up. I'll finish up the valve covers and bolt them down. We'll see how warm it gets here today and how many leaks I have to fix....If I start it, I will post a video
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Canoejockey View Post
          If I start it, I will post a video
          That's the spirit.!

Comment

Dang, not going to fire it today..too cold and I don't have enough fuel....7 gallons all I got
            sigpic

Comment

7 gallons isn't enough to fire it & warm it up.? (& i thought my dual carb set up guzzled. lol)

Comment

well 7 gallons would warm up the engine...but I have to "wet" the fuel system....everything gets drained and lubed for winter here....I even pull the tank out. Then I also need to really heat the engine to adjust it...7 gallons = 4 or 5 minutes running on the trailer....on the lake 22 gallons only lasts about 15 minutes run time or less...
                sigpic

Comment

Ahh yea, i hear ya. It's like putting the boat all back together from scratch each year. Doesn't quite get that cold here so we don't have to go through all that. (we do a little winterizing though)

Comment

Done!!!.....ready to fire this bitch... snowing and 28 degrees.....sucks
                    sigpic

Comment

Fuck that! Who ever thought it would be a good idea to live in the cold? What you need is some good Cali weather!

Comment

I hear ya on the cali weather...I was born, raised and lived 40+ years in the bay area. The older you get the harder it is to take the cold. Our house is on the market and will move to the warm climate when it sells.
                        sigpic

Comment

I hear ya on the cali weather...I was born, raised and lived 40+ years in the bay area. The older you get the harder it is to take the cold. Our house is on the market and will move to the warm climate when it sells.

where in the bay area did you live..my home town is los gatos

Comment

when I was in that area I lived in Cupertino....Most of my time I lived in Clayton/Concord/Bethel Island
                            sigpic

Comment

when I was in that area I lived in Cupertino....Most of my time I lived in Clayton/Concord/Bethel Island
                              No shit, I was born & raised in Cupertino for 28years.!! (Mateo too)

Where you thinking of moving to (when that time comes.?) Back here or just warmer midwest.?
                              I went to Traverse City for a week last year for work.. Great place.!! (damn sure not any warmer tho. lol)

Comment

Working...
                              X