• 1978 Sanger

I been restoring this over the summer.

20' Mini DayCruiser

Brand New 0 Hrs 460
    Attached Files

Cool man, add it to your Garage.

Comment

Re: 1978 Sanger

Looks to be about the same colors as my 1975 v-drive cruiser. Did you have the interior redone? I'm in the process of putting a new one in--found a guy here in Fresno that worked at Lee Wells upholstery. They were the ones that did all the original Sanger interiors. My son (ap67et10 on the PB board) has a jet mini cruiser that ran in the low 60s with a BBC. He's building a 502 Procharger BBC--looking for 1200 HP and mid 80s. It'll be interesting to see how it works out.

Mark--"Sanger Pete"

Comment

Mark, Your boats are almost identical. I thought it was you when Kevin pulled up at the "TITC" in November.

Comment

Looks like it's coming along very nicely Kev. I've always been a big fan of the lines on these Sangers. Got any updates?

I would also be interested in the $$ specs of your project if you're willing to share. I imagine you bought this boat in the "needs restoration" condition?

Comment

What a BUMP!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you might have a lot done since you first posted, & thats all you got is one pic of the dash.!?

C'mon man we like to see details.!!

Comment

Originally posted by Baja and Bust View Post
                Looks like it's coming along very nicely Kev. I've always been a big fan of the lines on these Sangers. Got any updates?

I would also be interested in the $$ specs of your project if you're willing to share. I imagine you bought this boat in the "needs restoration" condition?
                Sorry, last night I was Shocked when I saw the Early Pics!

I originally bought the Boat in Selma, Ca in June 09 for 2K As that First pic shows.
                I just wanted the engine, actually-to build it for another boat, and just resell the hull. I stripped the boat and found rot in the sub floors, so I cut it out and removed the water logged foamy stuff.

The Engine was a late 60's block with D3ve-A Heads.
                It was ported and polished and an isky Cam (Cant remember the specs) was installed with a 3K Bill from some machine shop in Fresno.
                I've added a stereo, re built the seat frames, modified the Berkeley Ride control, added Mood Lighting at night, Dual RV batteries, and other nic-nacs over the winter.
                I forgot to tighted the oil Galley plugs at the back of the block last year, so I pulled the motor out and fixed that, as well as pulled the Weiand Intake off to sand blast, and clear coat.
                I added a marine Dist, and a new Scoop. Also modified the engine cover to open with the scoop on.
                Now its running great, VERY turn Key, and I am messing with the ride control now due to pourposing with people riding in the very rear.
                I been out a few times already this year and cant wait for SUMMER!!!!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Engine Hatch Completed.

I really want to get the interior re covered.

Someone local would be awesome!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hey Kev
                    I'm having my interior recovered here in Fresno by a guy that worked for Lee Wells Upholstery--they did the original Sanger interiors. Oh, $1,500 for all 6 seats, motor cover, side panels and dash trim. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanger Pete View Post
                      Hey Kev
                      I'm having my interior recovered here in Fresno by a guy that worked for Lee Wells Upholstery--they did the original Sanger interiors. Oh, $1,500 for all 6 seats, motor cover, side panels and dash trim. I'll let you know how they turn out.
                      Awesome! Post some pics of your boat!
                      I still need a Bimini and a Windshield
                      Whats the width x height on your bimini?

Comment

Now that's some details.!!
                        Boat has come a long nicely.

Comment

Hey Kev, looking good man! Keep up the good work, would love to see these Sangers in person some day. Where do you usually go boating?

Pete, does that quote include foam or any wood? Or is it just to recover the seats with the original foam?

Comment

My father used to have a boat like this.

Comment

Working...
                            X