Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Tell If A Berkeley Jet Is Going Bad ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Tell If A Berkeley Jet Is Going Bad ?

Hey Guys I decided to go Out Today and Fire The Norcal Up and When I Did I heard a Squealing Sound Coming from the back of the boat and a burnt electrical/metal smell and only 1 header and the jet itself was pumping out water.Just wanna know what to check for if Something Is going Bad.Which Would Suck
    Have You Ever Noticed Everyone Going Slower Than You Is an Idiot and Everyone Going Faster Than You Is A Maniac ?

Re: How To Tell If A Berkeley Jet Is Going Bad ?

somebody tightend the packing gland to tight, that's the smell and squeal. as far as the water thing could be a collasped hose or something is pluged up.

Comment

Thanks Gone Green I will Check Into It. Just weird I Never Heard It Until Yesterday,Maybe I will hit some of the grease fittings and Pull and Flush Some Hoses......
      Have You Ever Noticed Everyone Going Slower Than You Is an Idiot and Everyone Going Faster Than You Is A Maniac ?

Comment

try not to run it out of the water go hit up a lake or delta to get some water into the pump to help cool it down its not good if your packing glands are tighted all the way down and run the pump dry.

Comment

It wasn't making the noise when it was out last Monday on Bullards Bar,So Maybe My Water Pressure Isn't enough to keep the jet full,But I did let it Fill until water was coming out of both headers and the jet nozzle,But When I fired it up it was only coming out of one header and the nozzle....Hope I didnt hurt anything.

Comment

As far as the header issue goes, check the ball and spring in your T-valve. Sometimes a little piece of something could get in there and block it.

Comment

Sorry for my ignorance,But The T Valve would be where the Thermostat housing is ? I have yet to get the terms right for the components But Im Learning still

Comment

Yes or the hole right below it.

Comment

Heres a pic of a t-valve.
                  Attached Files
                  Ever wonder why boogers only smell after you pick em?

Comment

Originally posted by bwurst1 View Post
                    Heres a pic of a t-valve.
                    Oh Wow,My Rig Doesn't have anything that looks that way.My Thermostat Housing has 2 Lines Running From it that go back to the exhaust,Must be an old style ? I took a Pic and Its not that great But You Might be able to see the Thermostat housing.Is that where the T Fitting should be ? I just Put Carpet down today so my Boat Looks Like Crap LOL

Comment

You dont need one of those T-vales with that style of exhaust logs. only over the transom style headers use one . It purpose is not to let water into the exhaust at low RPM so water doesn't back up into the cylinder. You pump produces way more pressure and volume than a garden hose ever could! you probably just didn't have enough volume running through the motor to fill both exhaust logs and push out. Put it in a lake and then see how much comes out!! Hope that helps.
                      Ever wonder why boogers only smell after you pick em?

Comment

Thanks again guys,I would rather ask than catastrophically Mess up My Boat.I am still learning so asking is much safer LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X