newbie and heres my project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• newbie and heres my project

here goes my project. believe it is a 1970s wriedt stinger jet. got some pics. take a look as i post lots of work to do.some of the parts i made for her at my shop gas caps dash and wheel adapters all cnc milled and turned
    Attached Files

Re: newbie and heres my project

some more pics when we brought it home and some of new floor stringers and keel beam
    Attached Files

Comment

and some more pics after we got her home and opened the floor.the berkely jet and chevy bbc.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice Work!! definitely gonna be a one off custom with those fancy gas caps. Just remember their there when you go hop in. would hate to take one of those in a tender spot!!! All kidding aside looks great!! keep us posted as to progress.
        Ever wonder why boogers only smell after you pick em?

Comment

Looks like youve got some creative blood, nice! The berkley split-bowl is a definate plus :
          Back in the 70s Rated X was the baddest top-fuel jet and it was a Wriedt

Comment

more progress on the boat. got the jet blasted repainted and rebuilt along with the intake and an se loader for it.started rebuilding all the interior as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

Coming along nicely. Do yourself a favor and paint your loader grate white. Its easier to see cracks and check it often. Sometimes black will mask cracks and makes it way harder to tell if a crack if forming. Just my Safety first.

Comment

picked up another project....75 kona with a setback berk pump..:

Comment

So,are you abandoning the wriedt? Lets see the Kona!! Pics please!!

Comment

not abandoning the wriedt got the third degree from my buddy who has been helping...gonna finish the wriedt then move on to the kona make it the hotrod. has a setback pump and very shallow and light hull compared to the wriedt. will post pics soon.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

not abandoning the wriedt got the third degree from my buddy who has been helping...gonna finish the wriedt then move on to the kona make it the hotrod. has a setback pump and very shallow and light hull compared to the wriedt. will post pics soon.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

wtf!!! that was weird

Comment

pics of the kona
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by perandall View Post
                        The Kona has an E Pump which is an insert style pump. Although you can make them run pretty good, they aren't the ideal Berkeley pump for maximum performance. There are a few mods you can do to make it better but they still aren't as versatile as an A, B, C or G pumps.
                        For instance, you will need a split bowl to be able to add wedges, droops, diveter, etc. Since all the cables on the E pump are connected at the bottom, not all parts are interchangeable with the other pump so you need to make sure if you get something used, it will fit the E.
                        If you want the real skinny, Performance Jet is in Sebastopol and Jim will be more than happy to inform you on what you should or shouldn't do with that pump and he's close.

I also remember seeing some pictures where Tom/Josh at Jet Boat Performance modified an E pump so the cables attach at the top.
                        Laid Back Boaters Website
                        Laid Back Boaters Message Board

Comment

yeah i got the jg on my wriedt split bowl. not sure what i gonna do with the kona yet. i actually machine alot of parts for cp performance and hardin marine where i work at. been gettin lot of help from him over at cp here in rohnert park.machine the billet breathers thepulleys and a bunch of other stuff...oh yeah the quick draw shifter setup we machine and u get the point. gonna have to see how much can do to the kona the way it is.

Comment

E pumps offer very good performance often rivaling thier "12JC&G siblings and there is a great deal of performance mods available for them particulaly if you wish to go with a split bowl. (eg Wedges droops etc ) We now make a very effective "E" loader and have available E add-a -shoe/rideplate kits as well as a number of different pieces. Maybe give some thought to "Top steering" your "E" as it eliminates the low mount leaky cables and top mounting makes rigging "bolt ons" (droops etc) a breeze Cll or PM if Josh or I can help were in process of doing a couple of these right now Thanks Tom

Last edited by JetBoatPerformance; 06-09-2011, 08:11 PM. Reason: added pic

Comment

Hey Tom, Whats the cable for on the passenger side of the pump? That E pump doesn't appear to have a diverter.
                              Last edited by JetBoatPerformance; 06-10-2011, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X