Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To save... or not to save...

Hi Guys,
    I have a 72 Sanger family skier that I purchased a few years ago. Unfortunately I didn't know crap about flatbottoms and bought a real piece of junk...

The question I have is that the last 5' of passenger side stringer is rotten, and the floor is rotten in that area too. (2" out from each side of the stringer.) Sorry I don't have pics... but its really soft.

Whats the general cost to replace part of the floors and stringers? I'd hate to see the boat get destroyed, but I cant dump an unreasonable amount of cash in it. Also, any good floor guys in the Hollister,CA - San Jose,CA area that I could take it to for an estimate?

Thanks!
    Mark

More @ PB.com

Re: To save... or not to save...

i can tell ya its alot of work just did the center beam and both engine quarter stringers and a new floor and it was not at all fun but i am on a budget and had to do it myself.im sure they charge pretty good for it.i wouldnt get rid of it though. would love to pick up a full stringer boat though.......haha

Comment

I'm sure Gone Green will chime in on this one. He just had both stringers (bow-to-stern)replaced. Along with the false floor and transom,not to mention the forward bulkhead. I'm not sure exactly what he paid but I do know its was in excess of $6000.00. Not sure of any glass shops in your area. Good luck hope all works out for ya.
      Ever wonder why boogers only smell after you pick em?

Comment

Originally posted by bwurst1 View Post
        I'm sure Gone Green will chime in on this one. He just had both stringers (bow-to-stern)replaced. Along with the false floor and transom,not to mention the forward bulkhead. I'm not sure exactly what he paid but I do know its was in excess of $6000.00. Not sure of any glass shops in your area. Good luck hope all works out for ya.
        Yea I paid $7000 to fix the CP...But its a boat Ive wanted for many years and it will be my last hot-rod...Ive read your post on Performance Boats...If you love this thing then fix it..I would call Joey Grose # 209-368-8308 Canyon Marine is down the street from his shop, you could probably get a phone quote from them , there in lodi :w2:

Comment

Working...
        X