Setback??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setback??

ANyone know how to do a setback on a pump. Wanna move my engine back about 6-8 inches.. Give me mor room to sit.

Re: Setback??

Ive done 2 Its very labor intensive! What kind of hull do you have? What kind of pump? Once you move the motor back everything changes even the attitude of how the boat will ride. Wires will either be too short or too long or both. If you have a rail mount style motor mounts you will probably need to remount the rails to the stringers if there in strait. Transom adapter becomes useless. Unless you can find a deep one.(no easy task).
    Ever wonder why boogers only smell after you pick em?

Comment

Originally posted by bwurst1 View Post
      Ive done 2 Its very labor intensive! What kind of hull do you have? What kind of pump? Once you move the motor back everything changes even the attitude of how the boat will ride. Wires will either be too short or too long or both. If you have a rail mount style motor mounts you will probably need to remount the rails to the stringers if there in strait. Transom adapter becomes useless. Unless you can find a deep one.(no easy task).
      Normaly you need to add space to the front mount and cut the rear mount, but remember you NEED to have drive line STRAIGHT (side to side) you can fudge a littel on up and down, but for max performance you want it perfect, and you don't f-up u joints have fun

Comment

also keep in mind if your only doing this for more room all your weight will be moved to the rear.most guys that move the pump back either leave the motor were its at or move it forward. My dads tunnel we moved the motor about a foot forward and now have a drive line .we did that so when it launches on take off the nose dosent want to stand up in the air and now not having the have the diverter pointed all down .If you move it back just for more room and you move your back seat back more all the weight also goes there
        Sex - Hot Boats - RockinRoll = (Living the life )

Comment

Originally posted by 454 blue boat View Post
          also keep in mind if your only doing this for more room all your weight will be moved to the rear.most guys that move the pump back either leave the motor were its at or move it forward. My dads tunnel we moved the motor about a foot forward and now have a drive line .we did that so when it launches on take off the nose dosent want to stand up in the air and now not having the have the diverter pointed all down .If you move it back just for more room and you move your back seat back more all the weight also goes there
          Yea Bob, you might not want to go that route.. you'll never get the nose to come down, & whoever you have sitting in that back seat wont see anything but the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Yea Bob, you might not want to go that route.. you'll never get the nose to come down, & whoever you have sitting in that back seat wont see anything but the floor.
            Bow lift can be easily corrected with a place diverter!! If your going for maxim performance and its a v bottom hull move the motor back with the pump. If its a tunnel hull leave the motor where its at and move the pump. If your just looking for more room, well that's a lot of cutting grinding sanding, fiber-glassing, and working with marine-tex is a bitch!!
            Ever wonder why boogers only smell after you pick em?

Comment

Its a 22' Spectra Day Cruiser (really nice ride) I wouldn't touch it, but i know how he lkes to fiddle. lol

Comment

Thanks for the info. Its a big pig anyways. I just want more room. Im in the middle of painting it right now, so i thought it would be a good time to screw with it. I only need about 6-8 onches to make the interior work well

Comment

Look for a berkley E pump but don't give it a ton of power. you'll have more room in the boat .

Comment

Yea i get it now, i talked to mateo today.

You're getting rid of the side seats (both sides of the motor), & making a straight bench. The weight from the passengers will be farther forward then they used to be, so it could work nice.

That sounds like it might be pretty cool if you can get it all to work out right.!!

Comment

I just saw this boat on craiglist for sell or you the one that now owns it or a different boat .The one I saw even has the yellow bottom whats up

Comment

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/2054264670.html

Comment

Originally posted by Layin Pipe View Post
                          ANyone know how to do a setback on a pump. Wanna move my engine back about 6-8 inches.. Give me mor room to sit.
                          L/P , I've Been over this thread pretty extensively and I'm gettin that this is a full grown Cruiser (Spectra 22?) Probably not a good candidate for this operation and beyond that desired cabin space not much to gain Tom

Comment

Working...
                          X