So who knows about glass.?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who knows about glass.?

I need to get this thing done.. I'm sick of knowing it is just sitting there with all the materials.

I'm about to give it to a friend for him & his dad to do as a project, & they can keep it. (just have to give me a ride once in a while. )

Re: So who knows about glass.?

Chili, Chili, Chili, look down, pull your pants down and make sure you still have those 2 little friends hanging around! Then get some current pictures of where your at with your stringer/floor issues posted here on the board. THEN, theres a whole bunch of people on this board, myself included, that I'm sure would be interested in giving you hand, getting that kool old Belmont fixed up! Im sure if you offered to BBQ, you can easily coax some of us up to Chico to give you a hand with the glass repairs you need to do! Worst case scenario, Doug may have a little room out at his place for the boat to reside, then it would make it even easier for most of us NorCal folks to pitch in and give you a Hand. So get on with some fresh pics and lets toss it around! :wtf: What do ya think? Scott, Doug, Mike, Gone Green, what you guys think? I'm sure I can make a little time, any one else want to help Chili get back on the water here?
    1978 21' Tahiti SC 460 Panther Jet

Comment

I think now that I have wasted a lot of time on school I could waste some time on a much better cause like a boat! It'd just have to wait a couple of weeks.
      BRODSTER

Comment

im game=i will be gone this next week-but after that gamer on-i will even give you a spot under a cover to work on it=my kids a glass man an getting better everytime he does it-we all should be able to accomplish what needs to be done

Comment

Well chili there you go! If the door's open maybe mike's thing can be done. Rio linda is a lot closer than chico

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            I need to get this thing done.. I'm sick of knowing it is just sitting there with all the materials.

I'm about to give it to a friend for him & his dad to do as a project, & they can keep it. (just have to give me a ride once in a while. )

Im willing to stop by watch and learn.

Comment

Thanks guys, the boat is in Shingle Springs, & i just have no storage, so even when its done im still kinda fucked.

I'm cool with doing it where ever there is a place to do it. Doug if your kid has experience & you got space that might be the best option. I already have most of the material. (maybe all) I was told it cant see sunlight, MUST paint or cover with something.

I'm still in Michigan, but when i get back next weekend i'll make a decision on what to do.

Comment

hey chili=where in michigan are you

Comment

Well Keep me in the loop. if nuthing else I can teach people how to sand! LOL!

Comment

[/COLOR]
                    Originally posted by 78_Tahiti View Post
                    Chili, Chili, Chili, look down, pull your pants down and make sure you still have those 2 little friends hanging around! Then get some current pictures of where your at with your stringer/floor issues posted here on the board. THEN, theres a whole bunch of people on this board, myself included, that I'm sure would be interested in giving you hand, getting that kool old Belmont fixed up! Im sure if you offered to BBQ, you can easily coax some of us up to Chico to give you a hand with the glass repairs you need to do! Worst case scenario, Doug may have a little room out at his place for the boat to reside, then it would make it even easier for most of us NorCal folks to pitch in and give you a Hand. So get on with some fresh pics and lets toss it around! :wtf: What do ya think? Scott, Doug, Mike, Gone Green, what you guys think? I'm sure I can make a little time, any one else want to help Chili get back on the water here?

here Ill do one better than that since your boat is in Shingle Springs its only 1/2 hr from Bill Morgans shop.I will talk to him and we can take it there and between you and I and anyone else out there make a boat party and get r done.I can use his shop almost anytime have key and all.And if you have another plan I will come and help I have done lost of fiberglassing all stages .Are you still going to TITC if so are you still wanting to do the drooop snoot thing let me know
                    Sex - Hot Boats - RockinRoll = (Living the life )

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      I already have most of the material. (maybe all) I was told it cant see sunlight, MUST paint or cover with something.
                      Ohhh! Vampire Fiberglass Resin Huh? HAHAHAHAH!

Comment

Originally posted by justsquirtin View Post
                        hey chili=where in michigan are you
                        I was in Traverse City.. Real nice place, but getting FREAKIN cold.!!
                        Now im in Chicago.. Hank Williams the 3rd (Hank III) is playing House of Blues tonight.
                        Then im off to Peoria tomorrow for the weekend, then home next week.

Originally posted by 454 blue boat View Post
                        here Ill do one better than that since your boat is in Shingle Springs its only 1/2 hr from Bill Morgans shop.I will talk to him and we can take it there and between you and I and anyone else out there make a boat party and get r done.I can use his shop almost anytime have key and all.And if you have another plan I will come and help I have done lost of fiberglassing all stages .Are you still going to TITC if so are you still wanting to do the drooop snoot thing let me know
                        That could work.!
                        And yes on the droop snoot.. we could do the swap there also.

Originally posted by 78_Tahiti View Post
                        Ohhh! Vampire Fiberglass Resin Huh? HAHAHAHAH!
                        Yea. lol

Comment

Acording to adam polyester resin doesn't need to be top-coated v.s epoxy resin's are prone to discolor but epoxy is more $ and more user friendly-no oder lot's of open time to work with

Comment

.....and epoxy resin doesn't shrink.
                            Polyester resins shrink 5 - 7% which is not good for repairs.
                            I used the epoxy type resin (West System) that another member recommended for my repair and it worked great.

no dice

Comment

Originally posted by 78Galaxie View Post
                              .....and epoxy resin doesn't shrink.
                              Polyester resins shrink 5 - 7% which is not good for repairs.
                              I used the epoxy type resin (West System) that another member recommended for my repair and it worked great.
                              Nice job! John Rork is very smart guy,and does good work. Adam at ANC marine should take the credit for my boat(he had no problam taking the money )we used west system also,there is a thickening agent that was also used,it would mike with his dash holes

Comment

Working...
                              X