New Guy With a Hull Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Guy With a Hull Question

Yea when you got some cash just let us know what you're looking for, & we'll help you find something in your price range.

I'll keep my out for blue interior. Sometimes you find great deals when you're not lookin.

You can find full interior for $500 & exhaust for less. (used)
    Don't even think about buying new interior from hardin unless you won the lottery. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      Yea when you got some cash just let us know what you're looking for, & we'll help you find something in your price range.

I'll keep my out for blue interior. Sometimes you find great deals when you're not lookin.

You can find full interior for $500 & exhaust for less. (used)
      Don't even think about buying new interior from hardin unless you won the lottery. lol
      Thanks Chili,Its Going To Be awhile Before I can Afford Anything.My Exhaust System is just fine but I like over the Transom Open Headers Yee Haw I love The noise of an uncorked Big Block! I saw an Interior that I really liked and Maybe I can Attempt To Build It Over The Winter ? This Is the perfect seating arrangement for our size of family,Its either build This interior or Sell The NorCal and get a Bayliner That seats us all.....

Last edited by Brushlesswonder; 08-16-2010, 02:13 PM. Reason: spell check and IMG insert
      Have You Ever Noticed Everyone Going Slower Than You Is an Idiot and Everyone Going Faster Than You Is A Maniac ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brushlesswonder View Post
        ,Its either build an interior or Sell The NorCal and get a Bayliner That seats us all.....
        EWWE!! LOL! I built mine, many of the guys have modified/rebuilt bits of their interior, Find a layout, get some light lumber, if your going to fiberglass them. (save ya a lot of weight. The seat bases alone on my Tahiti were about 60lbs each of 6ply marine plywood, staple together.

Im going to redo them to add a little more contour for comfort, but I had them covered very reasonably.
        1978 21' Tahiti SC 460 Panther Jet

Comment

I have no experience with fiberglass so I would hit Home depot and get plywood and 1x's and 2x's probably....Bayliners are nice but nowhere on the same planet of cool as a Vintage Jet Boat With A Big Block.I really like that couch Idea but I would like to fish off of it too,I have plenty of time to figure it out and plenty of boats to look at,I do like your seats Tahiti they turned out sweet.
          Have You Ever Noticed Everyone Going Slower Than You Is an Idiot and Everyone Going Faster Than You Is A Maniac ?

Comment

This Is the perfect seating arrangement for our size of family,Its either build This interior or Sell The NorCal and get a Bayliner That seats us all.....

chit! I just found this on Craigslist...pretty much exactly what you're in need of. Don't know the width of the rear bench though.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/for/1901601334.html
            Laid Back Boaters Website
            Laid Back Boaters Message Board

Comment

Awww Man Thanks Cas Thats the Shizzle ! I just don't have any cash right this minute,Hopefully for my sake this guy still has this stuff in a month or so,The Red,White and Green have to go but otherwise that works ! I will email him just so I have a way to contact him.Its a Bit Of a Drive and I told myself I'd never go back to The Bay area after the experience I had But I might Have to.....

Comment

the rear bench is probably way too wide for your boat anyway
                Laid Back Boaters Website
                Laid Back Boaters Message Board

Comment

Thanks Chili,Its Going To Be awhile Before I can Afford Anything.My Exhaust System is just fine but I like over the Transom Open Headers Yee Haw I love The noise of an uncorked Big Block! I saw an Interior that I really liked and Maybe I can Attempt To Build It Over The Winter ? This Is the perfect seating arrangement for our size of family,Its either build This interior or Sell The NorCal and get a Bayliner That seats us all.....
                  He said the "B Word"

As Cas posted there are plenty of deals out there, just gotta look when you're ready.
                  I would re-think that "cocktail" seating.. nothing worse than cruising with a buddy & he has to stare at you the whole time. lol

Comment

I'm with Chili on the cocktail seating. Think about it. With you and your Family in the boat. The only place for a cooler is right in the middle..So where do your feet? On top then every one is playing footsie with each other not a good idea. just my Good luck with your project!!
                    Ever wonder why boogers only smell after you pick em?

Comment

Sorry Didn't Realize Bayiner was a bad thing around here He He...actually my wife said she liked the cocktail seating with a couch type in front of the motor,Well I guess That Settles it LOL. The Interior and Paint are the Biggest Needs for It Right Now,Paint Its easy For Me,Working with wood is not however so If I dont buy an Interior It will be very Interesting as to how it would come out if I had built it....Probably like I built it with my 2 feet....

Comment

I just replaced a "cocktail" interior because although it works great for the observer when skiing, my wife really didn't like riding down the lake sideways. The interior that Cas posted looks to me like it fits into a wakeboard style boat, but I have seen (and even sold) lots of affordable used interiors in $100-$200 range, and I actually gave the cocktail setup to a guy with a Tahiti v-drive who just needed some seats. Just keep your eye open--in fact, measure the width right in front of your motor and let us know so we can help you find something that will work. The sooner you can get on the lake, the sooner your family can start having fun boating together.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanger Pete View Post
                          I just replaced a "cocktail" interior because although it works great for the observer when skiing, my wife really didn't like riding down the lake sideways. The interior that Cas posted looks to me like it fits into a wakeboard style boat, but I have seen (and even sold) lots of affordable used interiors in $100-$200 range, and I actually gave the cocktail setup to a guy with a Tahiti v-drive who just needed some seats. Just keep your eye open--in fact, measure the width right in front of your motor and let us know so we can help you find something that will work. The sooner you can get on the lake, the sooner your family can start having fun boating together.
                          Thanks Pete,I measured 64 1/2 Wide at the Lip Of The Hull From The Inside Edge and 65 From The Motor to the Front Seat Bolt.I'd Love To Take My Family Out In It But I Think I am Going To Have To Wait Till Next Season.The Guy Who I Got The Boat From(which is a Friend) Threw a Bench Seat From a Small Truck In It Just So He Could Take It Out LOL So she Is water Worthy and Registered But I would Never Take My Wife And Kids In It The Way She Is,No Carpet Or Seating....

Comment

Working...
                          X