blower

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blower

herers another question, if you have a stock 454 and wanted to put a blower on what would need to be done? im sure its alot but im curious. thanks guys

Re: blower

I did just that. Put a 6-71 on a stock 396 and completely disintegrated every barring on the rods. If your going to build a blower motor grab your wallet and build the bottom end bullet prof. Start with a good forged crank don't cheap out on the rods either,and a good set of forged pistons. Your rotating assembly has to be able to take the pain. Everything is different with a good blower motor my best advice to you is, do your home work if your going to do it yourself. I would highly suggest taking your motor to a recommended shop and have them build the bottom end for you. Not sure where your at but Grose racing engines (in Lodi) builds a great blower motor.
    Ever wonder why boogers only smell after you pick em?

Comment

Originally posted by bwurst1 View Post
      I did just that. Put a 6-71 on a stock 396 and completely disintegrated every barring on the rods. If your going to build a blower motor grab your wallet and build the bottom end bullet prof. Start with a good forged crank don't cheap out on the rods either,and a good set of forged pistons. Your rotating assembly has to be able to take the pain. Everything is different with a good blower motor my best advice to you is, do your home work if your going to do it yourself. I would highly suggest taking your motor to a recommended shop and have them build the bottom end for you. Not sure where your at but Grose racing engines (in Lodi) builds a great blower motor.
      thanks bwurst for the info, what i want to do is run my 454 this year (me and my dad built) and get a blower next winter. Im into building motors. definetly not a pro but my dads pretty good. i couldnt work on motors for a living but i could go all day on mine im going to take my time and do it right. Plus i couldnt afford the motor and the labor
      So its part im going to do this to my motor and part id just love to know how to blow a motor. So any and all info i can get will be appreciated. im sure its good info for this site too. thanks again bwurst

Comment

good set of rods and pistons going to set you back appox. $1200.00-$1500.00
        depending on what you get.

Comment

Originally posted by milpitasjet View Post
          herers another question, if you have a stock 454 and wanted to put a blower on what would need to be done? im sure its alot but im curious. thanks guys
          Milpitas every thing is relevant here , I ran a Small Weiand 171 blower on a bone stock Hardin marine BBC for several seasons (cast pistons and iron crank etc) 8.5 to 1 rec port heads single 850 DF DP and HEI ignition That motor had no less than a few hard seasons on it before and is about to go into a customer project mini cruiser as a used motor N/A deal , The BBC I'm refering to powered my Bahner 18 to 84 plus @CFW The key is/was to match components Both my current boats are Blown, My Cruiser is a Gen 5 BBC Weiand 256 Marine Blower, Forged JE Blower pistons , Eagle H beam rods and steel crank , My Tunnel Hull is similar But has an 871 Both motors are 454's both have 9.25 to 1 compression and both make around 10 lbs of boost Both Motors have Gen 5 Marine rec port heads the Cruiser has a Comp Blower cam the Tunnel has a Big solid Herbert roller deal The Cranks are double keyed and Both motors are balanced The Cruiser has a 1050 boost referenced Dominator and the has a pair of QFT special built 750 DFDP's As you see not unlike NOS you can take advantage of both ends of the spectrum One of the critiacl factors is fuel (I run 110 leaded race gas ) and timing , neither of my boats run more than about 27 degrees total Hope some of this helps , more info if you need it or have questions Tom

heres a motor were building right now with a small blower,

Comment

Tom. Every damn boat you've put on this freakin forum is so nice! I envy, love, and hate you all at the same time!! Some day when I'm not poor as dirt, I will look to you for guidance and parts to "Tom Sexify" my boat!! :w2: That's the coolest lookin blower belt cover I've ever seen!
            BRODSTER

Comment

Originally posted by Chevys N Jets View Post
              Tom. Every damn boat you've put on this freakin forum is so nice! I envy, love, and hate you all at the same time!! Some day when I'm not poor as dirt, I will look to you for guidance and parts to "Tom Sexify" my boat!! :w2: That's the coolest lookin blower belt cover I've ever seen!
              WOW chevy, why dont you just invite him over to your house so you can "blow" him! LOL LOL

Comment

Originally posted by rude louie View Post
                WOW chevy, why dont you just invite him over to your house so you can "blow" him! LOL LOL
                I'd rather see if I can help him up the pressure of his boost when it releases! ROFL!! FUER!!
                BRODSTER

Comment

I'd rather see if I can help him up the pressure of his boost when it releases! ROFL!! FUER!!
                  What a fag! Wanna Cuddle?

Comment

What a fag! Wanna Cuddle?
                    Hugs and Kisses my favorite forum butt plug friend!! ROFL!!!
                    BRODSTER

Comment

Hugs and Kisses my favorite forum butt plug friend!! ROFL!!!
                      Lets see who has more "horsepower"

Comment

Lets see who has more "horsepower"
                        I'll hop on your dyno and give it all I've got!! HAHAHA! Shit I gotta take a sec after that!! ROFL!! I'm cryin I'm laughing so hard!
                        BRODSTER

Comment

I'll hop on your dyno and give it all I've got!! HAHAHA! Shit I gotta take a sec after that!! ROFL!! I'm cryin I'm laughing so hard!
                          Well, you better pack a lunch!:wtf:

Comment

You guys are tearin me up !

Comment

Originally posted by JetBoatPerformance View Post
                              You guys are tearin me up !
                              I just hope you've got a high tensil strength ROD!! LMFAO!!!
                              BRODSTER

Comment

Working...
                              X