oil pump pickups

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pump pickups

Randy, was this the style oil pump screen you guys had trouble with?

Attached Files
    Last edited by Chili; 06-12-2014, 09:05 PM.
    1978 21' Tahiti SC 460 Panther Jet

Re: oil pump pickups

Originally posted by 78_Tahiti View Post
    Randy, was this the style oil pump screen you guys had trouble with?
    That looks a little better than the one I used....the one I use now comes from CP Performance # 620-910605
    if you were to use the one you have I would fab a bracket so it bolts to the pump

Comment

Originally posted by Gone Green View Post
      That looks a little better than the one I used....the one I use now comes from CP Performance # 620-910605
      if you were to use the one you have I would fab a bracket so it bolts to the pump
      it does. this one actually looks pretty sturdy, I was just informed, the added a washer to boost the spring pressure. So he picked up a Melling anti cavitaion model. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mel-10778c/overview/

Comment

Originally posted by 78_Tahiti View Post
        it does. this one actually looks pretty sturdy, I was just informed, the added a washer to boost the spring pressure. So he picked up a Melling anti cavitaion model. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mel-10778c/overview/
        Is this for Scott?...it may not hurt to look at the ones at CP...the way they bolt to the pump IS the way to go..also where the tube goes in the pump its not a bad idea to use a little sealant

Comment

yeah it's for scott, he was had an oil leak, from the oil filter adapter (I didn't install) and was having a pressure drop at wide open. Just looking at the obvious. same pan, pickup etc. didn't have issue before, so.

Comment

He's not running too much oil is he?

Comment

Working...
            X